The New Handy Bridge Tool for Maya
- Creates Auto bridges one by one, between edge loops.
- Creates Triangle bridge
- Creates Ngon bridge
- Works also like Fill hole tool
- Put the file bridgePro.py into \Program Files\Autodesk\Maya20XX\bin\plug-ins
- Run Maya and go to Windows -> Settings/Preferences -> Plug-in Manage
- In the list of plug-ins, find the 'bridgePro', check the 'Loaded' and 'Auto load' checkboxes.
- In the Hotkey editor add the hotkey for bridgePro using MEL or Python commands below:
- MEL: bridgePro
- Python: cmds.bridgePro()
Available command flag: ang or angle - sets the created face edges as soft/hard depending on provided angle.
You can use any suitable value from 0 to 180
For e.g. to create faces with hard edges only - use angle 0:
- MEL: bridgePro -ang 0
- Python: cmds.bridgePro(ang = 0)